Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Gilas leaning on familiarity for next window, says Dwight Ramos

Published

on

Dwight Ramos japan b.league levanga hokkaido gilas pilipinas

Dwight Ramos of Levanga Hokkaido during the Japan B.League Finals Week festivities in Manila. –B.LEAGUE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines—With less than two months remaining before the next window of the 2027 Fiba World Cup Asian Qualifiers, Dwight Ramos remains unfazed as he turns his focus back to Gilas Pilipinas.

After wrapping up his season with Levanga Hokkaido in the Japan B.League, Ramos now shifts his attention to the national team’s bid in the World Cup qualifiers.

Article continues after this advertisement
Advertisement

READ: Dwight Ramos steps into ‘young veteran’ role for Gilas Pilipinas

Even after going winless in the second window against New Zealand and Australia, Ramos is confident Gilas can bounce back in the upcoming games, banking on the team’s growing chemistry.

“We’re going into the next window knowing what everyone’s going to bring,” Ramos said in the B.League Final Week at SM Megamall on Thursday.

“We know what each player is going to bring because we’ve been together for a long time and if somebody’s improving, it only brings the team higher.”

Advertisement
Article continues after this advertisement

Ramos is coming off Levanga’s best season in franchise history with a 37-23 record.

He is also looking to pick up where he left off after being one of the silver linings in Gilas Pilipinas’ forgettable second window.

In four games of the qualifiers, Ramos posted averages of 13.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.

Advertisement
Article continues after this advertisement

“As the players improve, our team gets better. For me, I just took a little break after the season but I’ll start working out [soon],” he said. “I’ll go to the States and train and by the time I come back, I’ll be Gilas-ready.”

Gilas’ first assignment in the third window is a rematch against New Zealand in Auckland on July 3.



Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Advertisement


Your subscription has been successful.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Joey Logano drops honest reaction to being outside the Chase cutoff going into Charlotte

Published

on

Team Penske star Joey Logano is hopeful to turn things around this weekend as he heads into the 13th race of the 2026 NASCAR Cup Series season at at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The No. 22 Ford driver driver sits 18th in the points standings after a rough stretch of races that pushed him down the standings.

Logano recorded his fourth straight finish outside the top 30 at Watkins Glen. During the celebration of Team Penske’s 60th anniversary at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, he was asked about being 38 points below the Chase cutoff and how much extra focus the Coca-Cola 600 demands.

“It’s the same amount every week. You can’t do more than 100 percent because you’re already at it. It’s hard to find a little bit more. We’re as focused as we know how to be and doing everything we can to make up the deficit that we’re at,” Logano said.

Advertisement

“Obviously, we’re way behind compared to where we’ve been in the past and where we should be, so we’ve got work to do and hopefully this weekend we’re able to turn it around a little.”

Joey Logano, who has won three championships since joining Team Penske in 2013, is still searching for his first win of the 2026 season.

He has three top-10s, two top-fives, one pole and no wins. His best finish so far is third in the Daytona 500. The 35-year-old followed a seventh-place finish at Bristol with a 30th at Kansas, a 39th at Talladega and a 37th-place finish at Texas. His last Cup race ended with him last in 38th after a tire issue brought out a caution at Watkins Glen International.


“I still see myself as a normal Joe” – Joey Logano reacts to his Hall of Fame exhibits

Joey Logano attended the ‘Team Penske 60’ exhibition at the Hall of Fame, which opened in Charlotte this month. The exhibit celebrates 60 years of Team Penske in motorsports and features historic race cars, firesuits, trophies and rare memorabilia from the team’s history in NASCAR, IndyCar, sports cars and Formula One racing.

The Connecticut native said seeing two of his Mustangs inside the NASCAR Hall of Fame felt unreal. He walked into the building and noticed one of his cars displayed on Glory Road and learned the car would stay in the exhibit for years, which took him by surprise.

Advertisement

“It’s a pinch yourself kind of moment. It feels surreal because I still see myself as a normal Joe who gets to drive race cars. I’ve been so blessed to work for an incredible team that’s allowed me to have some success in this sport and have a car in the Hall of Fame. I would have never guessed that,” Joey Logano said.

Logano added his success was made possible with his team members and leadership. He also called himself lucky and said the right people entered his life at the right time.