Connect with us

Sports

Sun Goddess highly impressive in Harry’s Half Million

Published

on

Sun Goddess (evens favourite) showed an incredible turn of foot to comfortably win the Harry’s Half Million by Goffs at York on Thursday afternoon.

Ridden by Ryan Moore, the Aidan O’Brien filly was carrying a penalty for her recent Group 1 Phoenix Stakes success at The Curragh.

Held up towards the rear of a big field of runners, the daughter of Sioux Nation was hampered when making her original challenge.

Moore switched the juvenile to the right with more than a furlong to run, but she still had plenty to do to become a major player at the business end of the race.

Advertisement

Once she got daylight and the assistance of Moore in the saddle, the Group 1 winner made striking headway before she took the lead with a furlong to race.

She quickly put daylight between herself and the remainder of the field, and the result was crystal clear within strides, as she ran out a most-impressive six-length winner.

Battle Fever, and 80/1 shot, took second for Kevin Ryan and Kevin Stott, with Speed Of Sound (40/1), next home, three-quarters-of-a-length further back, in the hands of Saffie Osbourne.

Advertisement


LiveScores Now Available at IrishScores.com

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

42-year-old star heartbroken over unexpected WWE release

Published

on

A 42-year-old star has opened up about his WWE release. This year, the Stamford-based promotion cut a number of superstars from its roster following WrestleMania 42.

While a number of names were let go in a single swoop, the situation was a little different for Santos Escobar.

Escobar had been with the promotion since 2019, and there were rumors of him leaving the company in October 2025. However, he reportedly re-signed and began competing in AAA, owned by WWE.

After suffering a triceps injury in March, he underwent surgery before requiring a second procedure on his ulnar nerve in April. His release came just days after the second surgery.

In a recent interview with TMZ’s Inside The Ring, he opened up on his exit. He said the situation was hard for him because he was injured.

“In all honesty, it was hard; it was difficult. It was difficult mostly because of the injuries, not so much for the release itself, which, you know, the optics always matter, but that’s something that’s out of my reach. I don’t really know what’s behind it,” he said.

Escobar described the situation as heartbreaking, saying he wasn’t ready for it.

“Again, it was a very heartbreaking situation for me personally because I was injured, and I think it was maybe six or seven days after my second surgery. So it was even more heartbreaking, disappointing, if you can imagine my mental state at that point. I don’t want to say I was ready because I wasn’t. I don’t think anyone is ready for that,” he said.

Advertisement
youtube-cover

Santos Escobar reveals conversation with Nick Khan leading to WWE return

Amid his prolonged absence from WWE last year, it was rumored that Santos Escobar had left the company. But in October, he reportedly re-signed a deal to continue his tenure.

During the conversation on Inside The Ring, Escobar revealed that he let his contract expire and was ready to look at other options. However, he received a call from WWE President Nick Khan, who apologized for how his character was treated.

Escobar said that Khan told him that they would give him everything he needs to thrive, and that’s the reason he re-signed with them.


If you use quotes from this article, please credit TMZ’s Inside The Ring podcast and give an H/T to Sportskeeda Wrestling for the transcription.