Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Onyekuru And Etebo Face Uncertain Future Despite Gençlerbirliği Survival

Published

on

Henry Onyekuru and Oghenekaro Etebo are facing uncertain futures at Gençlerbirliği despite the club’s dramatic escape from relegation in the Turkish Süper Lig.

Gençlerbirliği secured survival on the final day of the season after beating Trabzonspor 3-0 away from home.

While the club celebrated staying in the top division, both Nigerian players endured difficult seasons for different reasons.

  • Nigeria’s U17 women’s team, the Flamingos, secured a brilliant 4-0 win against Algeria in the first leg of their FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup qualifierNigeria’s U17 women’s team, the Flamingos, secured a brilliant 4-0 win against Algeria in the first leg of their FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup qualifier

Advertisement

Onyekuru struggled throughout the campaign after joining the club on a free transfer following his spell in Saudi Arabia. The former Super Eagles winger failed to score or provide an assist in 17 league appearances.

The 28-year-old played only 301 minutes all season and started just three matches. Most of his appearances came from the bench, while he was left out of the squad for the important final-day victory over Trabzonspor.

Despite having a contract until 2027, reports suggest Gençlerbirliği could allow Onyekuru leave this summer through a reduced transfer fee or mutual contract termination.

Advertisement

Etebo also had a frustrating season after suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon during training. The injury ruled the midfielder out for almost the entire campaign.

The former Watford and Stoke City player made just one appearance for the club this season, playing only 42 minutes.

However, Gençlerbirliği still value Etebo highly because of his important role in helping the club gain promotion last season.

The Nigerian midfielder has now returned to light training and is expected to recover fully before the start of next season. The club will assess his fitness during pre-season before making a final decision on his future.

Advertisement

Both Nigerian stars will now hope for a better campaign next season as they look to rebuild their careers.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Why bring in Hughes then?

Published

on

Minnesota Wild fans reacted strongly after GM Bill Guerin once again spoke about the team’s search for a true No. 1 center this offseason.

Speaking Monday, Guerin admitted the Wild are still trying to improve down the middle and said the team would stay aggressive if the right opportunity comes up.

“The talk here is always the No. 1 center. You know, obviously, that’s, we’ll see what’s available,” Guerin said. “I think I’ve shown you, and our fans, and everybody involved that if there’s something out there that can make our team better, I’m willing to do it, and I won’t sit on my hands.”

Advertisement

After Michael Russo shared Bill Guerin’s comments on X, much of the reaction centered around Minnesota’s recent move involving Quinn Hughes

“Why bring in Hughes then?” one fan wrote.

The Wild had previously landed Hughes after former New Jersey Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald failed to work out a move for him, and there has already been speculation about whether Hughes could eventually sign a long-term contract with the Wild.

Another fan questioned why Minnesota did not address the issue earlier.

“Shoulda gotten THAT at the trade deadline instead of Hughes,” the comment read.

Some fans also questioned whether the Wild even have enough assets or cap space to add a top-line center this summer.

Advertisement

“I don’t see how we have the assets or cap space for that,” the fan wrote.

Another frustrated fan added:

“And how long have we been looking for a number one center? maybe he should take every draft pick that he has left and draft nothing but centers and pray that one pans out.”

Others suggested bringing back former Wild forward Mikael Granlund from the Anaheim Ducks.

“Bring Granlund back…” the comment read.

Minnesota had also reportedly explored a move for Robert Thomas before the trade deadline in a package involving Jesper Wallstedt and Danila Yurov, though nothing ultimately materialized.


Bill Guerin believes Wild are close despite playoff disappointment

Even after the playoff exit, Bill Guerin still believes that the Minnesota Wild are moving in the right direction. Minnesota was eliminated by the Colorado Avalanche in Game 5 of the Western Conference Second Round last week, ending what was still the team’s deepest playoff run in more than a decade.

Advertisement

The Wild had not made it past the opening round in 11 years, but Guerin admitted the loss was still difficult to accept because of the expectations surrounding the group.

“This one, for me personally, and I know in talking to John and talking to some of the players, this is the worst one,” Guerin said during the team’s season-ending press conference.

“This one hurts the most because I think there was the reality of doing something special.”

Still, Bill Guerin said the Wild believe they are getting closer, especially with more cap flexibility and the progress the team made this season.